We all know projects that he have around the house. Several years back I was planning and redesigned
the master bathroom.
I set aside the money and took time off from
work so that I could complete the project
over a four-day period. While I was planning this project the wife, and I decided what needed to
be complete
on the project. Sometimes
during the second day the wife came up to me
and wanted to change
something’s that I had not planned.
Since my wife was the
stakeholder on this project I had to readjust the triple constraint
of the project,
both the time and money needed to be adjusted in order to complete the project. As one of our resources,
this week mentions
about “scope creep which
is the
primary cause of cost and time. Changes need to occur due to a change in vision, needs of the customer,
or a sudden change in the budget”
(Lynch & Roecker, 2007 p. 96). In order to complete the project, the wife had to wait until the weekend
before I was able to finish the project.
My wife (the
stakeholder) would have to put up with the bathroom being in disarray
before I could finish the project. What I could have done differently
was take some more time off and also estimate more funding for any further project
around the house to anticipate
changes
that could occur during
the next project.
Lynch, M. M., & Roecker, J. (2007). Project
managing e-learning: A handbook for successful design, delivery, and management.
London: Routledge. Copyright by Taylor & Francis Group, LLC. Reprinted by
permission of Taylor & Francis Group, LLC via the Copyright Clearance
Center.
David, I would suggest writing out a statement of work or a project plan for future home projects. Although a bathroom project may seem small, but project planning is always beneficial and useful.
ReplyDeleteLorinda